Splash, Pedal, Dash Triathlon & Dash, Pedal, Dash Duathlon
July 7, 2013 · 6:30AM · Meineke Recreation Center
Be a part of the ultimate athletic experience by competing in the Schaumburg Park District's annual Splash, Pedal, Dash Triathlon & Dash, Pedal, Dash Duathlon. Both races begin at 6:30AM, July 7 at the Meineke Recreation Center, 220 E. Weathersfield Way. Races end at Meineke Recreation Center.
The triathlon consists of a 400-meter swim, 12.8-mile bike ride and 5K run, while the duathlon consists of a 12.8-mile bike ride sandwiched between two 5K runs. Both races are chip-timed events and feature only one transition area.
Check-in, body marking, chip assignment and pick-up begin at 5:15AM in the Meineke Gym. The pre-race briefing will be available here and will be ongoing on a television in the Meineke Gym. The race starts at 6:30AM.
Multiple age divisions are available with the option of competing as an individual or as part of a team. Team entries are accepted for the triathlon only. Races are open to participants ages 15 and older.
This event is sponsored by Alexian Brothers Health System, Village Cycle Sport and Dick Pond Athletics.
For more information, call 847/490-7015.
Registration deadline is 5PM on June 29. Cost is $50 for adults and $144 for teams for applications received before 5PM on June 21. Cost is $55 for adults and $150 for teams for entries received after 5PM on June 21. No application will be accepted after the registration deadline. There is no race-day registration.
All participants are required to complete an official race registration form. Forms are available at Park District facilities, online (available soon), or call 847/490-7015 to receive one by mail. Race forms must be turned in at the Community Recreation Center. Online registration is also available at active.com.
Triathlon and Duathlon Registration Form (PDF)
Course Map & FAQs
Course Map (PDF)
FAQs will be available soon.
Packet & T-Shirt Pick-Up
T-shirts will be given to the first 425 to register for the triathlon and the first 150 to register for the duathlon. Schaumburg Park District cannot guarantee shirt sizes. T-shirts may be picked up after the race at the finish line.
Pick-up is available at Dick Pond Athletic, 927 S. Roselle Road.
- 10:30AM to 9 PM, July 5.
- 10AM to 4PM, July 6.
For more information, call 847/490-7015.
Awards & Results
Awards to overall male and female in both races. Awards to top three finishers in each individual category (men & women). Award to top team finishers in each category. Awards may be picked up after age groups are finalized. There will be no awards ceremony.
Results are available within 1/2 hour of the last person crossing the finish line. Results will be posted here.
Previous Triathlon Winners
- 2012: Dean Hewson (1:01:49) and Judie Refvik (1:12:57)
- 2011: Dean Hewson (1:03:54) and Juli Misch (1:16:22)
- 2010: Dean Hewson (1:02:49) and Juli Misch (1:14:49)
- 2009: Kendall Jackson (1:01.21) and Stacey Conrad (1:08.19)
- 2008: Kendall Jackson (1:02:33.5) and Karen Grabowski (1:11:42.95)
- 2007: Ryan Giuliano (1:10:23.7) and Karen Grabowski (1:10:23.7)
- 2006: Eric Christ (1:01:36.8) and Jennifer Cardelli (1:10:14.1)
- 2005: Ryan Giuliano (1:01:42) and Karen Grabowski (1:10:37)
- 2004: Ryan Giuliano (1:04.56.0) and Juliana Boshold (1:12:30.5)
- 2003: Ed Allen (1:03:26.2) and Juliana Boshold (1:13:38.4)
- 2002: Ed Allen (1:05.21) and Bonnie Brandstadt (1:16:13)
- 2001: Steve Chapin (1:00:55) and Jori Leszczynski (1:07:33)
Previous Duathlon Winners
- 2012: Scott Schultes (1:07:06) and Aneta Ziemianska (1:13:47)
- 2011: Scott Schultes (1:17:24) and Cari Setzler (1:28:48)
- 2010: Maclej Kurka (1:17:28) and Lori Magnoni (1:36:38)
- 2009: Jim Kuch (1:14.47) and Jennifer Hagerman (1:29.51)
- 2008: Jim Kuch (1:13:35.45) and Kirsten Hock (1:23:47.15)
- 2007: Jim Kuch (1:14:56.1) and Tanya Eggert (1:35:45.5)
- 2006: Jim Kuch (1:15:01.1) and Nancy Fudacz-Burrows (1:26:27.6)
- 2005: Robert Glashow (1:16:46.8) and Heidi Schmidt (1:27:59.4)
- 2004: Jeremy Dubow (1:15:40.2) and Heidi Schmidt (1:26:09.6)
- 2003: Thomas Estka (1:15:37.0) and Heidi Schmidt (1:25:16.3)
- 2002: Zajic Ales (1:12:28) and Heidi Schmidt (1:23:13)
- 2001: Hil Wojtek (1:15:39) and Heidi Schmidt (1:24:51)