Splash, Pedal, Dash Triathlon & Dash, Pedal, Dash Duathlon
July 13, 2014 · 6:30AM · Meineke Recreation Center
Be a part of the ultimate athletic experience by competing in the Schaumburg Park District's annual Splash, Pedal, Dash Triathlon & Dash, Pedal, Dash Duathlon. Both races begin at 6:30AM, July 13 at the Meineke Recreation Center, 220 E. Weathersfield Way. Races end at Meineke Recreation Center.
The triathlon consists of a 400-meter swim, 12.8-mile bike ride and 5K run, while the duathlon consists of a 12.8-mile bike ride sandwiched between two 5K runs. Both races are chip-timed events and feature only one transition area.
Check-in, body marking, chip assignment and pick-up begin at 5:15AM in the Meineke Gym. The pre-race briefing will be available here and will be ongoing on a television in the Meineke Gym. The race starts at 6:30AM.
Multiple age divisions are available with the option of competing as an individual or as part of a team. Team entries are accepted for the triathlon only. Races are open to participants ages 15 and older.
This event is sponsored by Alexian Brothers Health System, Village Cycle Sport and Dick Pond Athletics.
For more information, call 847/490-7015.
Awards & Results
Awards to overall male and female in both races. Awards to top three finishers in each individual category (men & women). Award to top team finishers in each category. Awards may be picked up after age groups are finalized. There will be no awards ceremony.
Previous Triathlon Winners
- 2013: Dean Hewson (59:09) and Karen Grabowski (1:05:42)
- 2012: Dean Hewson (1:01:49) and Judie Refvik (1:12:57)
- 2011: Dean Hewson (1:03:54) and Juli Misch (1:16:22)
- 2010: Dean Hewson (1:02:49) and Juli Misch (1:14:49)
- 2009: Kendall Jackson (1:01.21) and Stacey Conrad (1:08.19)
- 2008: Kendall Jackson (1:02:33.5) and Karen Grabowski (1:11:42.95)
- 2007: Ryan Giuliano (1:10:23.7) and Karen Grabowski (1:10:23.7)
- 2006: Eric Christ (1:01:36.8) and Jennifer Cardelli (1:10:14.1)
- 2005: Ryan Giuliano (1:01:42) and Karen Grabowski (1:10:37)
- 2004: Ryan Giuliano (1:04.56.0) and Juliana Boshold (1:12:30.5)
- 2003: Ed Allen (1:03:26.2) and Juliana Boshold (1:13:38.4)
- 2002: Ed Allen (1:05.21) and Bonnie Brandstadt (1:16:13)
- 2001: Steve Chapin (1:00:55) and Jori Leszczynski (1:07:33)
Previous Duathlon Winners
- 2013: Daniel Noba (1:11:45) and Carolyn Martineau (1:22:23:)
- 2012: Scott Schultes (1:07:06) and Aneta Ziemianska (1:13:47)
- 2011: Scott Schultes (1:17:24) and Cari Setzler (1:28:48)
- 2010: Maclej Kurka (1:17:28) and Lori Magnoni (1:36:38)
- 2009: Jim Kuch (1:14.47) and Jennifer Hagerman (1:29.51)
- 2008: Jim Kuch (1:13:35.45) and Kirsten Hock (1:23:47.15)
- 2007: Jim Kuch (1:14:56.1) and Tanya Eggert (1:35:45.5)
- 2006: Jim Kuch (1:15:01.1) and Nancy Fudacz-Burrows (1:26:27.6)
- 2005: Robert Glashow (1:16:46.8) and Heidi Schmidt (1:27:59.4)
- 2004: Jeremy Dubow (1:15:40.2) and Heidi Schmidt (1:26:09.6)
- 2003: Thomas Estka (1:15:37.0) and Heidi Schmidt (1:25:16.3)
- 2002: Zajic Ales (1:12:28) and Heidi Schmidt (1:23:13)
- 2001: Hil Wojtek (1:15:39) and Heidi Schmidt (1:24:51)