Splash, Pedal, Dash Triathlon & Dash, Pedal, Dash Duathlon
July 13, 2014 · 6:30AM · Meineke Recreation Center
Be a part of the ultimate athletic experience by competing in the Schaumburg Park District's annual Splash, Pedal, Dash Triathlon & Dash, Pedal, Dash Duathlon. Both races begin at 6:30AM, July 13 at the Meineke Recreation Center, 220 E. Weathersfield Way. Races end at Meineke Recreation Center.
The triathlon consists of a 400-meter swim, 12.8-mile bike ride and 5K run, while the duathlon consists of a 12.8-mile bike ride sandwiched between two 5K runs. Both races are chip-timed events and feature only one transition area.
Check-in, body marking, chip assignment and pick-up begin at 5:15AM in the Meineke Gym. The pre-race briefing will be available here and will be ongoing on a television in the Meineke Gym. The race starts at 6:30AM.
Multiple age divisions are available with the option of competing as an individual or as part of a team. Team entries are accepted for the triathlon only. Races are open to participants ages 15 and older.
Registration has been extended to Wednesday, July 9 at noon.
This event is sponsored by Alexian Brothers Health System, Village Cycle Sport and Dick Pond Athletics.
For more information, call 847/490-7015.
Awards & Results
Awards to overall male and female in both races. Awards to top three finishers in each individual category (men & women). Award to top team finishers in each category. Awards may be picked up after age groups are finalized. There will be no awards ceremony.
Previous Triathlon Winners
- 2014: Dean Hewson (59:47) and Catharine Carlin (1:06:07)
- 2013: Dean Hewson (59:09) and Karen Grabowski (1:05:42)
- 2012: Dean Hewson (1:01:49) and Judie Refvik (1:12:57)
- 2011: Dean Hewson (1:03:54) and Juli Misch (1:16:22)
- 2010: Dean Hewson (1:02:49) and Juli Misch (1:14:49)
- 2009: Kendall Jackson (1:01.21) and Stacey Conrad (1:08.19)
- 2008: Kendall Jackson (1:02:33.5) and Karen Grabowski (1:11:42.95)
- 2007: Ryan Giuliano (1:10:23.7) and Karen Grabowski (1:10:23.7)
- 2006: Eric Christ (1:01:36.8) and Jennifer Cardelli (1:10:14.1)
- 2005: Ryan Giuliano (1:01:42) and Karen Grabowski (1:10:37)
- 2004: Ryan Giuliano (1:04.56.0) and Juliana Boshold (1:12:30.5)
- 2003: Ed Allen (1:03:26.2) and Juliana Boshold (1:13:38.4)
- 2002: Ed Allen (1:05.21) and Bonnie Brandstadt (1:16:13)
- 2001: Steve Chapin (1:00:55) and Jori Leszczynski (1:07:33)
Previous Duathlon Winners
- 2014: Eric Crutchfield (1:10:02) and Suzie Poirier (1:22:53)
- 2013: Daniel Noba (1:11:45) and Carolyn Martineau (1:22:23:)
- 2012: Scott Schultes (1:07:06) and Aneta Ziemianska (1:13:47)
- 2011: Scott Schultes (1:17:24) and Cari Setzler (1:28:48)
- 2010: Maclej Kurka (1:17:28) and Lori Magnoni (1:36:38)
- 2009: Jim Kuch (1:14.47) and Jennifer Hagerman (1:29.51)
- 2008: Jim Kuch (1:13:35.45) and Kirsten Hock (1:23:47.15)
- 2007: Jim Kuch (1:14:56.1) and Tanya Eggert (1:35:45.5)
- 2006: Jim Kuch (1:15:01.1) and Nancy Fudacz-Burrows (1:26:27.6)
- 2005: Robert Glashow (1:16:46.8) and Heidi Schmidt (1:27:59.4)
- 2004: Jeremy Dubow (1:15:40.2) and Heidi Schmidt (1:26:09.6)
- 2003: Thomas Estka (1:15:37.0) and Heidi Schmidt (1:25:16.3)
- 2002: Zajic Ales (1:12:28) and Heidi Schmidt (1:23:13)
- 2001: Hil Wojtek (1:15:39) and Heidi Schmidt (1:24:51)