Splash, Pedal, Dash Triathlon & Dash, Pedal, Dash Duathlon
July 19, 2015 · 6:30AM · Meineke Recreation Center
Be a part of the ultimate athletic experience by competing in the Schaumburg Park District's annual Splash, Pedal, Dash Triathlon & Dash, Pedal, Dash Duathlon. Both races begin at 6:30AM, July 19 at the Meineke Recreation Center, 220 E. Weathersfield Way. Races end at Meineke Recreation Center.
The triathlon consists of a 400-meter swim, 12.8-mile bike ride and 5K run, while the duathlon consists of a 12.8-mile bike ride sandwiched between two 5K runs. Both races are chip-timed events and feature only one transition area.
Check-in, body marking, chip assignment and pick-up begin at 5:15AM in the Meineke Gym. The pre-race briefing will be available here and will be ongoing on a television in the Meineke Gym. The race starts at 6:30AM.
Multiple age divisions are available with the option of competing as an individual or as part of a team. Team entries are accepted for the triathlon only. Races are open to participants ages 15 and older.
This event is sponsored by Alexian Brothers Health System, Village Cycle Sport and Dick Pond Athletics.
For more information, call 847/490-7015.
Previous Triathlon Winners
- 2014: Dean Hewson (59:47) and Catharine Carlin (1:06:07)
- 2013: Dean Hewson (59:09) and Karen Grabowski (1:05:42)
- 2012: Dean Hewson (1:01:49) and Judie Refvik (1:12:57)
- 2011: Dean Hewson (1:03:54) and Juli Misch (1:16:22)
- 2010: Dean Hewson (1:02:49) and Juli Misch (1:14:49)
- 2009: Kendall Jackson (1:01.21) and Stacey Conrad (1:08.19)
- 2008: Kendall Jackson (1:02:33.5) and Karen Grabowski (1:11:42.95)
- 2007: Ryan Giuliano (1:10:23.7) and Karen Grabowski (1:10:23.7)
- 2006: Eric Christ (1:01:36.8) and Jennifer Cardelli (1:10:14.1)
- 2005: Ryan Giuliano (1:01:42) and Karen Grabowski (1:10:37)
- 2004: Ryan Giuliano (1:04.56.0) and Juliana Boshold (1:12:30.5)
- 2003: Ed Allen (1:03:26.2) and Juliana Boshold (1:13:38.4)
- 2002: Ed Allen (1:05.21) and Bonnie Brandstadt (1:16:13)
- 2001: Steve Chapin (1:00:55) and Jori Leszczynski (1:07:33)
Previous Duathlon Winners
- 2014: Eric Crutchfield (1:10:02) and Suzie Poirier (1:22:53)
- 2013: Daniel Noba (1:11:45) and Carolyn Martineau (1:22:23:)
- 2012: Scott Schultes (1:07:06) and Aneta Ziemianska (1:13:47)
- 2011: Scott Schultes (1:17:24) and Cari Setzler (1:28:48)
- 2010: Maclej Kurka (1:17:28) and Lori Magnoni (1:36:38)
- 2009: Jim Kuch (1:14.47) and Jennifer Hagerman (1:29.51)
- 2008: Jim Kuch (1:13:35.45) and Kirsten Hock (1:23:47.15)
- 2007: Jim Kuch (1:14:56.1) and Tanya Eggert (1:35:45.5)
- 2006: Jim Kuch (1:15:01.1) and Nancy Fudacz-Burrows (1:26:27.6)
- 2005: Robert Glashow (1:16:46.8) and Heidi Schmidt (1:27:59.4)
- 2004: Jeremy Dubow (1:15:40.2) and Heidi Schmidt (1:26:09.6)
- 2003: Thomas Estka (1:15:37.0) and Heidi Schmidt (1:25:16.3)
- 2002: Zajic Ales (1:12:28) and Heidi Schmidt (1:23:13)
- 2001: Hil Wojtek (1:15:39) and Heidi Schmidt (1:24:51)
All participants are required to register for the race. Registration closes at 5 p.m., Thursday, July 14. No race-day registration. No refunds will be granted and entries are non transferable. Schaumburg Park District reserves the right to cancel events or combine age groups with low registration. Tech T-shirts will be given to all participants. All participants will receive a special finisher's medal.
Online registration is available at Active.
Join us for two informative sessions, led by the experts from Dick Pond Athletics, that will prepare you for the big event! Their staff will discuss nutrition, rules, transitions, set-up, last second advice and take questions from the audience.
7 to 8 p.m. | June 2 | Community Recreation Center
Preparing for Race Day
7 to 8 p.m. | June 30 | Community Recreation Center
Jan. 1 - March 31 | $45
April 1 - June 30 | $50
July 1 - July 14 | $60
Jan. 1 - March 31 | $120
April 1 - June 30 | $125
July 1 - July 14 | $135