Schaumburg School of Dance
Schaumburg School of Dance has three dance studios at the Community Recreation Center (CRC) and one at the Meineke Recreation Center (MRC). All dance studios feature sprung wood floors, mirrors and ballet barres. There is a second floor student changing/study area at CRC.
Classes include ballet, jazz, tap, pointe, modern, lyrical and hip hop.
For more information, call 847/490-7015 or view the latest program guide
Schaumburg School of Dance provides skill building techniques through various dance forms. Equal attention is given to provide a pleasant atmosphere essential to learning. Good poise and self-confidence is gained while experiencing the joy of movement which carries through to all parts of the dancer’s life. The goal is to provide every student with a solid dance foundation, while leaving room for individual creativity and fun!
Registration Information 2013-2014
- Class Registration - The fall dance session runs through spring 2014. Classes may be paid in full in the fall or broken into two payments (charge card required). The first payment is due at the time of fall registration and the second payment will be deducted automatically from the credit card Jan. 1. Call registration at 847/490-7015 for payment details.
- Class Level Placement - For placement questions, call the dance coordinator at 847/490-7015, ext. 2024.
- Visiting Days - Parents/guests are invited to attend class on visiting days only.
- Age Requirements - Dancers must meet the class age requirement by Sept. 1, 2013.
Fall 2013 Dance Schedule, Registration and Fees (PDF)
A new beginner hip hop class was added to the fall schedule for ages 6 and older. Class will meet from 4:15 to 5 p.m., Mondays, beginning Sept. 9 at the Community Recreation Center. More information...
Dance Recitals 2014
- Little Stars Dance Recitals - Tutu Toddlers, Budding Ballerinas, Jazz’n Juniors, Tiny Tappers and Hip Hop Tots may perform in a dance recital on Sunday, April 27, 2014 on the CRC stage. This is an optional activity. Dancers who wish to perform will have an additional costume fee. Audience tickets $5 to $6.
- Dance Recitals - Dancers enrolled in beginning through advanced levels may perform in the annual dance recitals on May 9 & 10, 2014 at the Prairie Arts Centre. This is an optional activity. Dancers who wish to perform will have an additional costume fee. Audience tickets are $12.