2012 Go! Show Episodes
September 11, 2012
- Septemberfest Parade 2012 - Director of Communications and Corporate Relation Pat Casler reports from the 2012 Septemberfest Parade. Casler talks with the Schaumburg Boomers, Spring Valley staff, Schaumburg Idol Melissa Wickland and Miss Septemberfest.
- Noonie Times - Party Coordinator Pam Gauper visits the free Noonie Times summer event series. Gauper chats with performers and checks out the shows including Super Stolie and the Rockstars, Mr. Singer and the Sharp Cookies and Cold Blooded Creatures.
- Illinois Music Association Competition Winners - Cultural Arts Supervisor Beth Waller interview the winners of the Illinois Music Association's May 2012 competition. Hear the pleasant sounds of the winners.
- Cultural Arts Camps - Communications Intern Maggie McLinden reports from the District's summer cultural arts camps. McLinden talks with children in a variety of camps about their experiences.
August 21, 2012
- LATER - Meineke Recreation Center Manager Gwen Strombeck reports from LATER, a free summer drop-in program for children at Timbercrest Park. Strombeck talks with participants and a camp counselor about the fun evening program featuring games, sports and crafts.
- Septemberfest - Executive Director Tony LaFrenere chats with Schaumburg Special Events Manager Roxanne Benvenuti and Septemberfest Chairman Bill Boyle about the upcoming Septemberfest. The 42nd annual fest will feature arts and crafts, live music, a parade, carnival and more.
- Schaumburg Idol - Cultural Arts Supervisor Beth Waller chats with Schaumburg Idol 2012 Melissa Wickland and runner-up Emilie Rose Danno. The segment highlights the performances from the final two contestants.
- Triathlon & Duathlon - Assistant Aquatics Supervisor Stacy Johnson stops by the annual Triathlon and Duathlon. Johnson watches the race and chats with the athletes about their experiences completing the run, swim, bike or run, bike, run.
July 24, 2012
- Boomers Batting Practice - Communications Intern Rosie Paparella reports from Schaumburg Baseball Stadium, home of the Schaumburg Boomers! Paparella interviews Boomers players and experiences a pre-game batting practice.
- NADA Youth Dodgeball Days 2012 - Community Recreation Center Manager Kristy McCann stopped by the annual Dodgeball Days at Olympic Park to chat with youth players and watch the tournament.
- Family Ice Cream Social & Schaumburg Summer Dance Concert - Cathleen Chapek from the cultural arts department reports from the Family Ice Cream Social and Schaumburg Summer Dance Concert at Town Square. Chapek chats with Mathnasium and checks out the dance instruction and live music.
- Yappy Hour - Meineke Recreation Center Manager Gwen Strombeck and Recreation Intern Mike Jasper report from the summer pup event Yappy Hour. The duo talks with Lynfred Winery and event guests. Pups enjoyed contests and the agility course while their owner sipped delicious wine.
July 3, 2012
- Employee Fitness Walk - Schaumburg area employees left their desks to enjoy the 23rd Annual Employee Fitness Walk on May 16 at the Woodfield Lake Office Campus. Special Events Supervisor George Grey reports from the event and talks with Sporty's Catering, Dick Pond Athletics, Alexian Brothers Health System and K-Hits 104.3.
- Home Run 5K & 1/2 Mile Youth Run - Fitness Supervisor Jennie Bever reports from the Home Run 5K and 1/2 Mile Youth Run at Schaumburg Baseball Stadium. Watch the races and hear what the youngest participants have to say about the 1/2 Mile Youth Run. Early Childhood Supervisor Kathy Moulds talks with the winner of the Home Run 5K.
- Bike Rodeo at Safety Park - Bock Neighborhood Center Manager George Grey reports from the first ever Bike Rodeo at Safety Park. Children ages 4 to 9 learned bike safety tips from Alexian Brothers Health System, Bike Connection and Schaumburg Police Department. Young cyclists also rode their bikes through an obstacle course, played a paper delivery game and enjoyed ice cream.
- Alexian Brothers Postpartum Depression Walk - Alexian Brothers Health System's Leslie Lowell Stoutenburg reports from the eighth annual Postpartum Depression Walk at Volkening Lake. Learn about the walk and the postpartum depression program at Alexian Brothers.
June 19, 2012
- Backyards for Nature Fair and Native Plant Sale - Conservation Manager Dave Brooks reports from Spring Valley's annual Backyards for Nature Fair and Native Plant Sale. Visitors discovered simple ways to go green, purchased plants and learned about native plants, home composting and rain gardens. A few kids talk about their experience at the event, too!
- Schaumburg Boomers Opening Day - Director of Communications and Corporate Relations Pat Casler reports from opening day of the inaugural season of the Schaumburg Boomers. Casler talks with fans and watches the first pitch. Boomer Country is here!
- SBA Challenge 2012 - Bock Neighborhood Center Manager George Grey talks with teams at the Schaumburg Business Association's annual SBA Challenge at the Sport Center. The event features sports and couch potato competitions.
- Bike to Work Week - Schaumburg celebrates Bike to Work Day with a ride to work from Meineke Recreation Center with Schaumburg Village President Al Larson. Deputy Director Dan Otto talks with Larson, Schaumburg Park Board President Bob Schmidt, members of the Schaumburg Bicycle Club and other cycling enthusiasts about the annual ride to Atcher Municipal Center.
May 8, 2012
- Volunteer Reception 2012 - Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann talks to Donna Grueneich and Barb Mitchell at Schaumburg Park District’s “Schaumburg’s got Talent-ed Volunteers!” annual recognition reception. The District honored Grueneich as recreation volunteer of the year and Mitchell as the Spring Valley volunteer of the year.
- Mathnasium - Director of Communications and Corporate Relations Pat Casler visits Mathnasium of Schaumburg to learn about the math programs the center offers to area students. Casler talks with students, parents and teachers about the successful strategies Mathnasium uses to improve math skills.
- Canine Carnival - Meineke Recreation Center Manager reports from Canine Carnival, the spring pup event at Meineke Park. Strombeck chats with dog owners, checks out the agility course and other activities, and talks with vendors.
- Boomers Baseball - Special Events Supervisor George Grey reports from the Schaumburg Boomers Baseball Team's Media Day at Schaumburg Baseball Stadium. Grey talks with staff and players, hears about upcoming promotional games and sees the first practice.
April 24, 2012
- A Garden of Diversity - Special Events Supervisor George Grey reports from A Garden of Diversity, a multicultural event organized by Schaumburg Park District and School District 54. Grey talks with talented student performers, checks out craft activities and watches a few performances.
- Links Technology - Schaumburg Park District Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann visits the office of Park Partner Links Technology. Links Technology President and CEO Brian Burke takes Schlinkmann on a tour of the office and the duo discuss the IAPD “Best Friend of Illinois Parks Award.” Links Technology was recognized by the Illinois Association of Park Districts with the “Best Friend of Illinois Parks Award” during it’s Best of The Best annual gala in October.
- Jerry Handlon - Former Schaumburg Park District Executive Director Jerry Handlon stops by the Go! Show studio to surprise Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann. The pair reminisce on their days at the Schaumburg Park District.
April 10, 2012
- Spring Break Camps - Kids off school for spring break flocked to Schaumburg Park District to enjoy a variety of fun camps. Bock Neighborhood Center Manager George Grey drops into a few camps including LEGO Mindstorms, Chess and Spring Break Camp. Viewers get a glimpse into the activities at Spring Valley Spring Break Camp, too!
- Underwater EGGstravaganza - Special Events Supervisor George Grey reports from the popular Underwater EGGstravaganza. Participants ventured into The Water Works and hunted for eggs throughout the pool. Grey chats with children and parents about their experience.
- Schaumburg Golf Club 2012 - Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann interviews Golf Director Pepi Irwin about the new season at Schaumburg Golf Club from the newly renovated Pro Shop. Irwin talks about the renovations, merchandise in the Pro Shop, lessons, the course and more.
- Schaumburg Golf Club Renovations - Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann goes on a tour of the recently renovated clubhouse at Schaumburg Golf Club with Superintendent of Facilities Doug Kettel and Facilities Project Manager John Safakas. The trio check out the new banquet rooms.
March 27, 2012
- Alexian Brothers Health System's Be Well Program - Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann chats with Schaumburg Park District Recreation Superintendent Vince Kennedy, Hoffman Estates Park District Communications and Marketing Superintendent Sandy Manisco and Alexian Brothers Health System Community Relations Manager Sara Odland-Beyna about Alexian Brothers Health System's new Be Well program. Be Well helps participants move closer to their health and wellness goals. Free health screenings and assessments will be available beginning in May.
- Chefs' Fest - Go! Show host and Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann talks with Dave Parulo from the Woodfield Chicago Northwest Convention Bureau about the upcoming Chefs' Fest at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center. Guests can enjoy food and beverage samples from some of the area's favorite establishments, and discover the latest culinary products and hospitality services at the fest.
- 5th & 6th Grade Spring Break Beach Party - Meineke Recreation Center Manager Gwen Strombeck reports from the 5th and 6th Grade Spring Break Beach Party at the Community Recreation Center. Strombeck talks with children celebrating the start of spring break and sees what activities they are enjoying at the party.
- Red Mango - Director of Communications and Corporate Relations Pat Casler stops by Red Mango in Streets of Woodfield and talks with owner Al Schwartz. Casler learns about the all-natural frozen yogurt, tries out a few flavors and checks out the toppings.
March 13, 2012
- New Piglets and Calves at Spring Valley's Heritage Farm - Farm Operations Coordinator Evan Zimmerman introduces viewers to two calves and seven piglets that were born in late February to the 1880s living history farm's resident animals.
- Schaumburg Township District Library - Director of Communications and Corporate Relations Pat Casler visits the Schaumburg Township District Library and learns about the teen center renovations and e-lending.
- Schaumburg Idol Auditions 2012 - Cultural Arts Supervisor Beth Waller reports from a few of the Schaumburg Idol auditions at the Community Recreation Center. Schaumburg Idol is a search for the area's top singing superstar. Waller chats with contestants and hears them sing during auditions for the fourth season of the competition.
- Friendship Village of Schaumburg - Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann goes on a tour of Friendship Village of Schaumburg, a retirement community offering senior living options and healthcare services that include independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing and memory support. Schlinkmann visits Friendship Village's housing options, amenities, restaurants, recreation spaces and more with Dean Dellaria, director of sales for Friendship Village.
Below is a list of Go! Show segments from 2012.
February 28, 2012
- Expressions Dance Company - Marc Jolley interviews the award-winning Expressions Dance Company about their recent wins in the 2012 Move Regional Dance Competition. Jolley talks with the dancers and Dance Coordinator Ashley Molitor. The interview also features the Company's three stunning performances!
- Enchanted Sleeping Beauty- Cultural Arts Supervisor Beth Waller stops by the performances of Enchanted Sleeping Beauty at the Community Recreation Center. Waller chats with actors and watches a few scenes featuring Briar Rose, Prince Alexander and Evilina. li>
- Early Childhood Family Fun Night- Early Childhood Supervisor Kathy Moulds reports from the free Early Childhood Family Fun Night at Meineke Recreation Center. Moulds talks with children and parents enjoying the event that featured activity stations, games, a snowball room and preschool fitness equipment.
- Tribute Park at Volkening Lake - Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann talks in the Go! Show studio with Schaumburg Park District Commissioner and Schaumburg Park Foundation Board member Bob Schmidt about the Tribute Park at Volkening Lake brick program. Tribute Park at Volkening Lake commemorates and honors the memories, special events and achievements of Schaumburg residents and others who make a positive impact on the community.
February 7, 2012
- Dad and Daughter Pajama Party Night - Special Events Supervisor George Grey reports from the Dad and Daughter Pajama Party Night on Feb. 18 at the Community Recreation Center. The event featured hair styling, dinner, dancing, a hula hoop contest, nail salon and magic tricks.
- Cultural Arts - Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann interviews Cultural Arts Supervisor Beth Waller about the latest happenings in the dance, visual arts, theater and music departments.
- Schaumburg Boomers - Schaumburg Boomers General Manager Andy Viano stops by the Go! Show Studio to discuss Schaumburg's new baseball team with Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann.
- Ram Restaurant and Brewery - Director of Communications and Corporate Relations Pat Casler visits Schaumburg's RAM Restaurant and Brewery. Casler learns about the delicious food at the restaurant and goes on a tour of the brewery.
January 31, 2012
- NADA Winter Nationals Youth Indoor Dodgeball Championships - Athletic Supervisor Doug Sieder reports from the NADA Winter Nationals Youth Indoor Dodgeball Championships at the Sport Center. Sieder chats with players, watches a few games and shows viewers how fun dodgeball can be.
- Lynfred Winery- Director of Communications and Corporate Relations Pat Casler visits Lynfred Winery to discuss Valentine's Day gifts and the latest happenings at Lynfred with Marketing Director Christina Anderson-Heller.
- Schaumburg Athletic Association- Schaumburg Athletic Association's Mike Scharringhausen stops by the Go! Show Studio to discuss all things SAA with Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann.
- Vintage Food and Crafts - Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann discusses vintage crafts and recipes, learns about history and makes a flower craft with Amy Alessio, a speaker, author and librarian.
January 10, 2012
- Mayor Al Larson - Village of Schaumburg Mayor Al Larson visits the Go! Show studio to discuss the latest happenings in Schaumburg with Schaumburg Park District Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann.
- Fabbrini's Flowers - Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann visits Fabbrini's Flowers to see what the flower shop is offering this Valentine's Day.
- Moe's Southwest Grill - Director of Communications and Corporate Relations Pat Casler visits Schaumburg's Moe's Southwest Grill. Casler makes a healthy burrito and explores the many tasty options Moe's offers hungry guests.