2010 Go! Show Episodes
Below is a list of Go! Show segments from 2010.
December 20, 2010
- NWSRA - Schaumburg Park District Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann interviews Susie Julison and Justin Sienkiewicz of Northwest Special Recreation Association (NWSRA) in the Go! Show studio.
- Ice Dive Training - Director of Communications and Corporate Relations Pat Casler interviews local firefighters as they prepare for ice dive training at the Schaumburg Park District's Lancer Creek Pond.
- Jingle Paws & Christmas in the Valley - Holiday Extravaganza on the Go! Regular Go! Show contributor Gwen Strombeck reports from the holiday pup event, Jingle Paws, while Patty Kennedy visits Christmas in the Valley for an 1880s recreation of an early Schaumburg Christmas.
- Chilly Chili - Community Recreation Center Manager Kristy Paukner stops by the Chilly Chili 5K held at the Schaumburg Golf Club on a snowy Saturday morning in December.
December 6, 2010
- 3rd and 4th Grade Dance Party - Regular Go! Show contributor Kristy Paukner visits the pre-Thanksgiving 3rd and 4th Grade Dance Party at Meineke Recreation Center and hands over the mic to some guest contributors.
- Santa's Flight to Schaumburg - Santa's Flight to Schaumburg - You won't see reindeer in this segment! Director of Communications & Corporate Relations Pat Casler visits Schaumburg Regional Airport for Santa's landing via helicopter.
- SAA Baseball & Softball - Director of Communications & Corporate Relations Pat Casler interviews the Schaumburg Athletic Association Baseball and Softball Commissioners about the upcoming season and registration.
- Indoor Sprint Triathlon - Community Recreation Center Manager Kristy Paukner reports from the Indoor Sprint Triathlon held on a cold November morning. Triathletes kept warm indoors during a bike, swim and run at the heated fitness center.
November 22, 2010
- Preschoolers Tour 601 Morse - Pat Shephard Center 4-year-old preschoolers tour the Schaumburg Park District's Maintenance facility at 601 Morse during their construction unit. Director of Communications & Corporate Relations Pat Casler hands the mic over to some preschoolers for their thoughts on the tour.
- Family Fun Night - Regular Go! Show contributor and Meineke Recreation Center Manger Gwen Strombeck reports from Family Fun Night. Families enjoyed crafts, games, music and sports in the Meineke gym.
- SBA Expo - Director of Communications & Corporate Relations Pat Casler reports from the Schaumburg Business Association Expo at the Schaumburg Convention Center where she talks with local business owners and representatives.
- Car Winterization - Sport Center Assistant Manager George Grey visits Steve Rode at Firestone with his car, Rhonda the Honda, for a check up before winter begins in Schaumburg.
November 8, 2010
- Sports Leagues - Schaumburg Park District Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann discusses sports leagues with Sport Center Assistant Manager George Grey.
- Pumpkin Splash & Boo-2U Fest - Assistant Aquatics Supervisor Stacy Johnson stops by Pumpkin Splash for pumpkin picking in the pool and Bock Neighborhood Center Manager Kristy Paukner talks with Halloween-loving kids at Boo-2U Fest.
- Haunting in the Valley - Spring Valley Manager Dave Brooks reports from the annual educational Halloween event, Haunting in the Valley.
- From Hog House to Smokehouse - Heritage Farm Program Coordinator Patty Kennedy reports from the annual Hog House to Smokehouse event, an authentic portrayal of traditional food preservation for winter.
October 25, 2010
- Family Bingo & Pizza - Bock Recreation Manager Kristy Paukner visits Family Bingo & Pizza and talks with Bingo winners.
- Fit for a Cure - Fitness Supervisor Jennie Bever discusses Fit for a Cure and showcases Fitness Unlimited and Club 55 classes at the Community Recreation Center.
- Howl-O-Ween Pooch Parade - Meineke Recreation Center Manager Gwen Strombeck visits the Howl-O-Ween Pooch Parade in Meineke Park for an afternoon of tricks, contests and a parade.
- IKEA Tree Planting & Meineke Rededication - SPD Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann and Schaumburg Park District Board of Commissioners visit Spring Valley for a historic tree planting by IKEA and Meineke Recreation Center for a building rededication.
October 13, 2010
- TPH! The Party's Here - Meineke Recreation Center Manager Gwen Strombeck visits TPH - The Party's Here and talks with Schaumburg area junior high students about the monthly event at the Community Recreation Center.
- Autumn Harvest Festival - Director of Communications & Corporate Relations Pat Casler visits Spring Valley's Autumn Harvest Festival for an afternoon of 1880s farm life recreation and a celebration of the season.
- Going Green - Conservation Manager Dave Brooks and Superintendent of Facility Services Doug Kettel discuss green initiatives of the Schaumburg Park District with SPD executive director and Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann.
- Halloween House Decorating Tour - Meineke Recreation Center Manager Gwen Strombeck takes a spooky tour of Schaumburg homes decorated for Halloween.
September 30, 2010
- US Helicopters - SPD Director of Communications and Corporate Relations interviews Erich Schmid of US Helicopters at theSchaumburg Regional Airport.
- Coyotes - SPD Executive Director and Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann interviews Dave Brooks about the coyote population in Schaumburg.
- Birthday Parties - Community Recreation Center Manager Joe McCann and Party Coordinator Pam Gauper discuss birthday party options at the Community Recreation Center.
- Silver Games - Watch the opening ceremony and seniors participate in the Senior Games held at Friendship Village and Schaumburg Park District facilities.
September 10, 2010
- SAA Basketball - SPD Executive Director and Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann interviews Scott Knilans, Schaumburg Athletic Assosciation (SAA) Basketball Commissioner, about SAA.
- Miss Septemberfest 2010 - SPD Executive Director and Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann interviews and quizzes the Miss Septemberfest 2010 Court.
- Schaumburg's Got Talent - A behind the scenes look at the Schaumburg Park District's Schaumburg's Got Talent show.
August 27, 2010
- National Night Out - Meineke Manger Gwen Strombeck takes part in games, dancing and watches a movie all in the name of teaming up with local law enforcement to raise crime prevention awareness.
- Summer Picnic - Assistant Aquatics Supervisor Stacy Johnson enjoys BBQ and shows off some dance moves while mingling with guests at the Volkening Lake Summer Picnic.
- Links Technology Cup - SPD Executive Director and Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann takes views on a guided tour of the event and talks with Links Technology CEO Brian Burke.
- Ingrid Hanson-Tuntland - SPD Executive Director and Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann talks future international volleyball player and Schaumburg Park District summer intern Ingrid Hanson-Tuntland.
August 6, 2010
- Septemberfest Preview - SPD Executive Director and Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann talks with Village of Schaumburg Special Events Coordinator Roxane Benvenuti about what's new at the 40th annual Septemberfest.
- Dodgeball Days - Schaumburg Park District summer correspondent Ingrid Hanson-Tuntland hits up the dodgeball action by talking with participants at the National Amateur Dodgeball Championships.
- Schaumburg Idol: Behind the Scenes - Schaumburg Park District Cultural Arts Supervisor Beth Waller and Schaumburg Idol host Marc Jolley show viewers how the production is put together and get to know Idol candidates better.
- Fallen Soldier Memorial - Director of Communications & Corporate Relations Pat Casler talks with American Legion Commander Chuck Linkenhold about a ceremony to honor local soldiers who died in the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts.
July 16, 2010
- Yappy Hour - Schaumburg Park District summer correspondent Ingrid Hanson-Tuntland mingles with dog lovers and wine tasters at a four-legged happy hour.
- Street Theatre: The Loathsome Lady - Summmer Theatre Director Rod Armentrout talks with the cast of the Summer Street Threatre about their "gruesome" production.
- Father's Day Fishing Derby - Assistant Aquatics Supervisor Stacy Johnson tells and hears some big fish stories at the latest fishing derby.
- Noonie Time: Amazing Animals - Community Recreation Center Party Coordinator Pam Gauper sees some incredible animals during Noonie Time.
June 22, 2010
- Schaumburg Tennis Plus - Manager Jaime Coplon shows off the Park District's "hidden gem" and talks to some happy tennis campers.
- Lifeguard Training - Assistant aquatics supervisor Stacey Johnson shows how lifeguards train behind the scenes in this segment.
- Mad Mark's Mystic Pizza - Director of Communications & Corporate Relations Pat Casler visits with owner and namesake Mark Hoffman.
- Illinois Student Assistance Committee - SPD Executive Director and Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann talks with Illinois Student Assistance Committee communications director Paul Palian about making college affordable and accessible for Illinois students.
June 10, 2010
- National Alliance for Working Family Caregivers - SPD Executive Director and Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann talks with NAWFC President Pat O'Dea-Evans and Vice President "Bud" Borg about the Greatest Generation Education Forum at Chandler's Restaurant.
- Employee Fitness Walk - Go! Show contributor George Grey reports from the annual Employee Fitness Walk to talk to participants and sponsors including Sweet Tomatoes and Dick Pond Athletics. The annual walk was held at the Woodfield Lake Office Campus.
- Preschool Fun Fair - Pony rides, cotton candy and prizes for all at the annual Preschool Fun Fair. Schaumburg Park District summer correspondent Ingrid Hanson-Tuntland reports from the Pat Shephard Center.
May 27, 2010
- Dann Gire & Raymond Benson Movie Reviews - Director of Communications & Corporate Relations Pat Casler visits Gold Class Cinema to talk with Dann Gire and Raymond Benson regarding movies and upcoming summer blockbusters.
May 11, 2010
- Schaumburg High School at Terada Park - The Park District teams up with Schaumburg High School to prevent shoreline erosion at Terada Park. Spring Valley Manager Dave Brooks reports.
- Butterfly Garden at Nerge School - Spring Valley Manager Dave Brooks teaches Nerge Elementary School students about nature by planting a butterfly garden on school grounds.
- Backyards for Nature Fair and Native Plant Sale - Spring Valley Manager Dave Brooks reports from the Park District's Earth Day celebration.
- Volunteer Awards 2010 - SPD Executive Director and Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann honors Volunteer of the Year award winners Pete Gigous and Richard Kurzynski.
April 22, 2010
- Hawk Rescue - Cathy Blecker from Spring Valley shows us Seattle, a rescued Western Red Tailed Hawk.
- Chef's Fest 2010 - Dave Parulo stops by the Go! Show studio to discuss this year's "Taste" event on May 11 from 5-8PM at Arlington Park.
- Whole Foods Market - Starting on May 5, Schaumburg residents can shop for organic and local produce at Whole Foods Market on 750 N. Martingale Road. On May 19, 5 percent of every purchase goes towards the Schaumburg Park Foundation.
April 5, 2010
- The New Meineke - Ryan Gangler and Gwen Strombeck visit the newly renovated Meineke Fitness Center.
- Rain Barrel Project - Spring Valley Conservation manager Dave Brooks discusses the advantages of collecting rain water for your plants and shows us how the barrels can be decorated.
- Backyards for Nature Fair - Donna Johnson from the Schaumburg Garden Club stops by to talk about the upcoming Backyards For Nature Fair and Native Plant Sale and all things gardening.
- SBA Challenge 2010 - Andrea Biwer and Ray Horn from the Schamburg Business Association discuss the 2010 SBA Challenge with host Jean Schlinkmann.
March 25, 2010
- Schaumburg Idol Auditions - Schaumburg Idol host Marc Jolley is at the Community Recreation Center for auditions for the second annual Schaumburg Idol. Jolley chats with contestants and Schaumburg Idol creator Beth Waller.
- Beauty and the Beast - Schaumburg Park District Cultural Arts Supervisor Beth Waller is at the Community Recreation Center for SPD's production of Beauty and the Beast. Waller talks with cast members and the people behind the scenes who make the show a success.
- Schaumburg Magazine - Daily Herald Community Publications Manager Barb Jakomin stops by the Go! Show studio to talk with SPD Executive Director and Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann about Schaumburg's Live, Work, Play Magazine.
- Schaumburg Police Department - Director of Communications & Corporate Relations Pat Casler visits the Schaumburg Police Department to talk with Chief Brian Howerton. The two discuss the department's 50th anniversary and take a tour of the facility, examining some of the changes over the last 50 years.
March 5, 2010
- Earth Hour - IKEA Environmental Specialist Tiaa Hansson is in studio to talk about Earth Hour with Schaumburg Park District Executive Director and Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann. Earth Hour is the World Wildlife Fund’s annual event that asks households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights and electrical appliances for one hour to raise awareness toward the need to take action on climate change.
- Bob Bock - Former Executive Director of the Schaumburg Park District Jerry Handlon returns with Park Board Commissioner Mike Daniels to interview former Park Board Commissioner Bob Bock. Bock was instrumental in the formation and development of the Schaumburg Park District.
- LEGO Robotics - Regular Go! Show contributor Kristy Paukner is at the Bock Neighborhood Center, site of the popular LEGO Robotics class. Paukner interviews the instructors and participants of this fascinating program.
February 26, 2010
- Commissioner David Johnson - Schaumburg Park Board Commissioner David Johnson visits with Go! Show host and SPD Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann about the distinguished accredited agency recognition. The Schaumburg Park District was accredited in November, 2009 and received its plaque in January, 2010.
- U.S. Coast Guard - Former Go! Show host and executive director Jerry Handlon returns for his final segment on the U.S. Forces. In studio are Steve Dudley and Chad Lanctot of the U.S. Coast Guard.
- John James Audubon - Spring Valley Education Coordinator Mary Rice interviews Brian "Fox" Ellis prior to his performance as naturalist John James Audubon at the Nature Center Feb. 3. Ellis' storytelling and illustrations wowed the audience.
- Shoe Donation - Project Coordinator Kippy Shadel talks with Jeanne Gonzalez and Boy Scout Blake Brossard about the early childhood program's recent shoe donation. The shoe drive netted 1,000+ pairs of shoes that were donated to Stuff for the Poor.
February 11, 2010
- Commissioner George Longmeyer - The SPD Board of Commissioners President talks about his recent election as IAPD Chairman of the Board as well as the Schaumburg Park District in general.
- SAA Football and Cheerleading Commissioners - Football Commissioner Tony D'Orazio and Cheerleading Commissioner Christine Rooney visit the studio to talk with Schaumburg Park District Executive Director and Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann. The pair talk upcoming registration, famous alumni and all things SAA.
- Lynfred Winery - Director of Communications and Marketing Pat Casler visits with Lynfred Winery Marketing Director Christina Anderson-Heller. The pair discus some Valentine's Day treats and accompanying wines.
- Rainbow Design Jewelers - Director of Communications and Marketing Pat Casler visits Rainbow Design Jewelers for a chat with president Dave Dolinky. Casler and Dolinky discuss jewelry for that special someone for Valentine's Day.
January 28, 2010
- Mayor Al Larson - Village of Schaumburg Mayor Al Larson makes his annual appearance on the Go! Show and talks with host and Schaumburg Park District Executive Director Jean Schlinkmann. Mayor Larson discusses what's new at the village in addition to some childhood memories of growing up on the northwest side of Chicago.
- Wear Red Fashion Show - The Schaumburg Park District celebrates American Heart Month with its own Wear Red Fashion Show. Jennie Bever and Gwen Strombeck discuss the month's heart-healthy activities.
- Mom & Son Game Night - Go! Show reporter Kristy Paukner is at the Community Recreation Center to detail the happenings at the annual Mom & Son Game Night. The annual event features dinner, dancing, a DJ and games.
- U.S. Air Force - Former Schaumburg Park District Executive Director Jerry Handlon continues his series on the U.S. Forces by visiting with James Potter and Shaun McGlynn of the U.S. Air Force.
January 14, 2010
- Way Fun Winter Break Camp - Regular Go! Show contributor Kristy Paukner reports from the Meineke Recreation Center about the Way Fun Winter Break Camp. The camp ran pre- and post-holiday and included field trips, sledding, crafts, games, activities and more. Paukner talks with camp counselor Vanessa Cley.
- Behind the Scenes: Snow Removal - Schaumburg Park District Superintendent of Parks Todd King takes us behind the scenes in a segment about snow removal. King gives a tour of the equipment used and the procedures carried out by park staff to keep facilities and paths safe and clear.
- Police Technology - Schaumburg Police Department Sgt. John Nebl visits with Go! Show host Jean Schlinkmann to talk about new technology. New tracking devices are available for those with special needs.
- U.S. Navy - Former executive director of the Schaumburg Park District Jerry Handlon continues his visits with the U.S. Forces. This week's show features Daniel Oberg and Joseph Smith of the U.S. Navy. On set to assist in the interview process is Brian Burke of Links Technology, a park partner of the Schaumburg Park District.