Step back in time over 100 years and see history come to life at Spring Valley's largest and most popular event!
- See scheduled demonstrations of sauerkraut and apple butter making, cider pressing and working draft horses.
- Visit a frontier camp to experience food cooked over an open fire and the inside of a Native American wigwam.
- Help harvest the first-ever corn crop and learn how to shock corn stalks after being cut in the field.
- New games and activities for children include simple woodworking and carpentry, raking up hay and sorting grains.
- Other activities include pumpkin decorating, helping with farm chores, children’s crafts and live music.
- Food and beverage will be available for purchase.
Parking is available at the Nature Center on Schaumburg Road and off Plum Grove Road across from Heritage Farm.
Admission is $4 per person; $16 per family of six or fewer with additional members $4 per person. Children ages 3 and under are free.
Event is sponsored by Whole Foods Market.
Call 847/985-2100 for more information.