Health & Fitness
The Schaumburg Park District offers a diverse collection of fitness opportunities for its members.
For more information, call 847/490-7015.
Fitness Unlimited & Club 55
Fitness Unlimited and Club 55 offer a variety of group land and aqua classes for all fitness levels at several locations... all in one card, all for one price!
Schaumburg Park District offers a variety of health and fitness classes. Pre-registration is required. Classes include:
- Aqkwontae/Water Kickboxing: Fitness kickboxing is taken to the water to provide a great cardiovascular workout. Use low impact kickboxing techniques against water's natural resistance.
- BODYPUMP: Class is a 60-minute workout that challenges all major muscle groups using the best weight room exercises. Burn up to 600 calories per class, improve strength, shape and tone muscles, and improve bone density.
- Couch to Cardio: If you’ve wanted to try a group fitness class but felt too awkward or out of shape to try, then this class is for you! Learn how to move the body to become stronger and more fit.
- Fitness Kickboxing: Achieve the excellent physical condition of a professional kickboxer without the bumps and bruises. Learn kickboxing techniques while getting a great workout.
- Fitness MMA Conditioning: This program uses the conditioning methods of MMA professionals to enable men and women to achieve the lean, fit body of an MMA fighter. T.O.P. staff will lead participants through a total body workout that will help develop strength and burn fat. Every class consists of drills from the MMA disciplines including aerobic exercises such as shadow boxing and footwork, anaerobic exercises such as punching/kicking focus mitts, and grappling bags in muscle-building resistance exercises. The class is non-contact between participants, but contact with mitts and exercise equipment is used.
- Indoor Cycling, RPM & Spin Flex
- Small on the Ball: This is a small group training class utilizing the Bosu Ballast ball, a stability ball with five pounds of loose sand inside, bands and weights, cardio conditioning and pilates.
- Strollerobics: Roll with your child in the stroller while improving your strength and endurance.
- TaalFusion: Class is a contemporary Bollywood inspired dance and workout program that is a fusion of Indian classical, Bollywood, Latin, jazz, hip hop and Bhangra dance forms.
- Tai Chi: Tai Chi is a health exercise and martial art. Develop an awareness of the body, mind and spirit. Movements are executed slowly and precisely to learn proper body alignment. Gain a sense of well being.
- Triathlon Training: Improve your swimming, running and biking whether you’re considering trying a triathlon for the first time or a seasoned veteran. Coached by triathlon veterans who understand the joys, benefits and challenges of training for triathlons while balancing work and family. Come to the first class prepared to swim!
- Wedding Boot Camp: What does everyone want on their wedding day but no one knows how to get? A great body! This fitness program is designed to help brides and grooms look their best for their wedding, honeymoon and the rest of their lives. This workout decreases dress and tux sizes, helps tighten and tone muscles, and decreases body fat.
- Yoga: Class is great for stress reduction, relaxing stretching, energizing breathing practices, dynamic strengthening posture, increasing flexibility and improving overall health.
- ZUMBA: Dance your way to a fitter you with exciting and unique Latin moves and rhythms.
Schaumburg Park District also offers programs for teens including junior high weight conditioning and youth fitness training orientations. Classes are added seasonally.
For additional fitness class offerings and schedules, visit the program guide
. Online registration is available through iSPOT
for many classes.
Select the right fitness membership
for you and your family here!
Private & semi-private personal training sessions led by certified trainers are available at the Community Recreation Center, Meineke Recreation Center and Schaumburg Tennis Plus.