Summer Breeze Concert Series
July 11 to August 29, 2015 · Select Saturdays · 7PM · Robert O. Atcher Municipal Center
The Summer Breeze Concert series is held lakeside on the grounds of the Robert O. Atcher Municipal Center, 101 Schaumburg Court. Pets are not permitted on the grounds during concerts. Admission is free and the show starts at 7PM.
For more information, call 847/490-7015.
- July 11 - The Associates - Hailing from the Chicagoland area, this 10-piece party band - complete with four-piece horn section and two vocalists - plays the best of Classic Rock, Country, Motown, Jazz, Oldies and Show Tunes. Everybody loves The Associates!
- July 18 - Brass from the Past - It's a party - with all your favorites: Rock, R&B, Motown, Funk, Jazz and Swing from the 60s, 70s and 80s. With one of the best horn sections in the Chicago area, this high energy versatile group plays a diverse selection of fan favorites!
- July 25 - The Voices - Rated the #1 Motown and R&B Tribute group in the Midwest, this group dazzles audiences with their authentic renditions of legends including The Temptations, Four Tops, Spinners, Stylistics, Smokey Robinson and The Miracles, Barry White, Marvin Gaye, and Lou Rawls.
- Aug. 15 - Morry Sochat & The Special 20's - Influenced by the best in blues history including Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Louis Jordan, Junior Wells - and all of the Chicago greats - Morry Sochat and the Special 20's bring a fresh new sound to the Chicago Blues scene, mixing classic Chicago-style Blues with Swing and Rock N' Roll from the 1950's.
- Aug. 22 - The Special Consensus - Now celebrating their 40th anniversary, The Special Consensus is a sensational four-person acoustic bluegrass band with a repertoire that features traditional bluegrass standards, original compositions, and songs from other musical genres performed in the bluegrass format. The band has released 17 recordings and has appeared on National Public Radio, cable TV shows and at the Grand Ole Opry. "O Brother - that's good bluegrass!"
- Aug. 29 - Frank Winkler & The Symphonic Pops - Always a summer favorite, this symphonic concert celebrates more than 20 years of Summer Breeze appearances with an evening of Broadway favorites and light classics. Complete with vocalists and a top-notch 35-piece ensemble, an evening with the Symphonic Pops Orchestra is the perfect way to finish off the summer season.