Summer Breeze Concert Series
July 6 to August 24, 2013 · Select Saturdays · 7PM · Robert O. Atcher Municipal Center
The Summer Breeze Concert series is held lakeside on the grounds of the Robert O. Atcher Municipal Center, 101 Schaumburg Court. Pets are not permitted on the grounds during concerts. Admission is free and the show starts at 7PM.
For more information, call 847/490-7015.
- July 6 - Shawn Klush and the Fabulous Ambassadors - Shawn Klush wowed audiences on Late Night With David Letterman’s Elvis tribute week. His many awards include the Peoples’ Choice Award from Gibson Guitar Co for Best Concert Elvis and the ‘First Ever’ “Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist” by Elvis Presley Enterprises. Recently, he sold out a 15-city tour of Australia and has record breaking performances in many other countries.
- July 13 - Rio Bamba - Rio Bamba, an exciting blend of Bossa Nova, Samba, Brazilian, Latin and American Jazz, the group moves easily from classic and swinging jazz, vocal or instrumental to a Brazilian Samba that brings everyone to their feet with its irresistible rhythms.
- July 20 - Brass From the Past - With one of the best horn sections in Chicago, this versatile group channels the best horn bands from the 60s and 70s with a high energy and diverse selection of fan favorites!
- Aug. 10 - Lance Lipinsky and the Lovers - You’ve seen him as Jerry Lee Lewis in “Million Dollar Quartet” and with the Lovers on “Late Night with David Letterman” as the official backing band during “Can’t Help Falling in Love With Elvis Week.” Catch a dynamic performance of 1950s infused rockabilly rock ‘n roll.
- Aug. 17 - Johnny Russler and the Beach Bum Band - Kick back and relax with Johnny Russler and the Beach Bum Band, playing sweet sounds of Caribbean rock, reggae and calypso. You can call them a “Parrothead band” because the beach, warm weather and island themes parallel much of the ambience that Parrotheads enjoy. They play plenty of Buffett favorites and music from Bob Marley, Jimmy Cliff, Paul Simon, Dick Dale and Jerry Jeff Walker.
- Aug. 24 - Frank Winkler and the Symphonic Pops Orchestra - This symphonic concert celebrates more than 20 years of Summer Breeze appearances with an evening of Broadway favorites and light classics. Complete with vocalists and a topnotch 35-piece ensemble, an evening with the Symphonic Pops Orchestra is the perfect way to end the summer season.