- Children 8 and under must be accompanied by an adult 16-or-older at all times.
- Lined bathing suits are required to enter water (unlined and cut-off shorts or leotards are not allowed).
- Flotation devices are only allowed in wading pools, at outdoor pools or at the leisure pool at The Water Works.
- Coast guard approved life jackets are allowed. A parent/guardian must remain within arm's reach of a child at all times and jackets are not allowed on water slides or diving boards.
- Food and beverages are allowed only in the designated concession areas. Outside food and beverages are not permitted at The Water Works and Atcher Island.
- Smoking is prohibited at all park district facilities.
- You must be 18 years of age to use the hot tub at The Water Works.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear tight fitting plastic pants or swim diapers.
- No running in The Water Works facility.
- Children over age 7 are not allowed in wading pools at outdoor pools.
- Street shoes are not allowed on pool decks.
- All swimmers are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool.
- All other state and local health codes apply.
Closing Down Policy for Outdoor Pools
The following conditions may warrant closing of the Park District's outdoor pools:
- Inclement weather (lightning, tornado, etc.)
- Air temperature below 65°F as recorded at O'Hare
- Low attendance
- Mechanical breakdown
Locker Room Policy
Children 5 years of age and older will not be permitted in the locker rooms of the opposite sex. Children must be prepared to change their clothing or walk through the locker room on their own, if necessary. When possible the Schaumburg Park District recommends that a parent or adult chaperone of the same sex accompany the child through the locker room.
Open Swim Guidelines
Certain areas of the facilities may be closed for programming during open swim hours. Admittance is by membership or daily use fee. All persons entering the pool deck must pay a fee. Children 8 and under must be accompanied by an adult at least 16 years of age.
For safety reasons, children may not be left unattended on the pool deck or in the Oasis Concessions area during times that are not designated as open swim times.
Lap Swim Guidelines
Admittance is by membership
or daily use fee. Two lap lanes are guaranteed during all pool hours except during rentals which may occur on Saturday and Sunday evenings. Watch for signs or call for lap pool status. Lap swimmers are expected to circle swim to the right when there are more than two swimmers per lap lane.
Lap Lane Rules
For the safety and comfort of our lap swimmers, lap swimming is available for patrons 16 and older, or patrons who are able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Rhythmic breathing
- A structured stroke as determined by the American Red Cross
- Continuously swim 100 yards using one of the following structured strokes (front crawl, back crawl, breaststroke, butterfly)
These rules are for the safety and comfort of Schaumburg Park District lap swimmers.