The Schaumburg Park District is committed to providing a safe, clean and fun environment for all participants and guests. By doing so, patrons are required to act appropriately and are to be respectful of others at all times when using Schaumburg Park District parks and facilities.
Persons using Schaumburg Park District facilities
are expected to behave in a mature and responsible manner. The Schaumburg Park District Code of Conduct does not permit language or any action that may hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Directions issued by Park District staff must be followed at all times.
The following actions are prohibited at Schaumburg Park District facilities and parks:
- Harassment or intimidation using words, gestures, body language or menacing behavior
- Physical contact with another individual or staff member in an angry, violent or threatening manner
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual suggestiveness
- Carrying or concealing weapons or devices that may be used as a weapon
- Use or possession of illegal chemicals or alcohol on Schaumburg Park District property without proper permits
- Abuse of Park District equipment, supplies and property.
- Theft of services
- Smoking and loitering inside or outside Schaumburg Park District facilities/grounds
- Continuous poor sportsmanship or overaggressive competitiveness from players or spectators
- Any other unacceptable behavior including inappropriate dress
Schaumburg Park District staff are eager to be of assistance. Members, guests and participants should not hesitate to notify staff when assistance is needed.
Any violation of these guidelines may result in: a verbal warning, a written warning, immediate removal from the facility, suspension from Park District property, suspension of membership for a designated period of time or revocation of membership. The Schaumburg Park District will investigate all reported incidents on a case-by-case basis.