Schaumburg Park District will host several different events and outings for active older adults throughout the year.
Luncheons, presented by Schaumburg Bank & Trust, take place each month at the Senior Center located at the Community Recreation Center, 505 N. Springinsguth Road. Luncheon themes include Trivia, Mardi Gras and St. Pat’s.
Daytime excursions for 2019 include theatre performances, the casino, an evening of dinner and dancing and more!
“All of our events and outings are a great way for older adults in the community to come together to enjoy new experiences and make meaningful friendships,” said Lisa Perrone, senior supervisor for the District.
Upcoming luncheons and day trip dates:
- Trivia Luncheon, 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Jan. 17
- New: Make and Take Essential Oils, 1-3 p.m., Jan. 29
- New: Super Bowl Party, 5-9 p.m., Feb. 3
- Mardi Gras Luncheon, 11 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Feb. 26
- The Fireside Presents: My Fair Lady, 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m., March 7
- Lyric Opera Presents: La Traviata, 10:30 a.m.-7 p.m., March 7
- Four Winds Casino Trip, 8 a.m.-6 p.m., March 11
- St. Pat’s Luncheon, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., March 14
- St. Joseph’s Table/Dinner Dance, 5:15-10:15 p.m., March 16
All trips leave from the Senior Center. Schaumburg residency is not required.
For more information, call (847) 490-7026 ext. 2012