Start a new tradition at Schaumburg Park District during Thanksgiving break.
Schaumburg Park District will offer special hours at its facilities Nov. 21-23. The Community Recreation Center (CRC) and The Water Works, 505 N. Springinsguth Road; Meineke Recreation Center (MRC), 220 E. Weathersfield Way and Schaumburg Tennis Plus (STP), 1416 N. Payne Road, are open on Thanksgiving with limited hours.
Turf fields at Olympic Park, 1675 E. Old Schaumburg Road, also will be open on the holiday for families wanting to organize a quick game of Thanksgiving football and other sports.
Hours and activities include:
- Open swim, noon-8 p.m., Nov. 21 and 23 at The Water Works. Admission is $6 for youth residents ages 3-17, $8 for youth non-residents, $8 for adult residents and $10 for adult non-residents. There is no open swim on Thanksgiving Day.
- Adult lap swim, 6-11:30 a.m., Nov. 22 at The Water Works.
- CRC fitness center is open 6-11:30 a.m., Nov. 22. The nursery will be closed Nov. 22-24.
- Schaumburg Tennis Plus fitness center is open 6-11:30 a.m., Nov. 22.
- MRC track and gym are open 6 a.m.-noon., Nov. 22. The MRC fitness center will be closed Nov. 22 and will reopen on Nov. 23. The nursery will be closed Nov. 22 and 23.
- Grounds and trails are open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Nov. 21-23, at Spring Valley Nature Center, 1111 E. Schaumburg Road. Spring Valley Nature Center museum and exhibits are open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Nov. 21 and 23 and closed Thanksgiving Day.
- Turf fields will be available for open play from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. on Nov. 22 at Olympic Park.
For more information, call (847) 490-7020.